Dibromochloropropane Exposure: Overview

RSS
Modified on 2009/10/14 21:32 by admin
Dibromochloropropane is a yellow liquid with a strong smell. It also has a taste when found in drinking water. Dibromochloropropane was used to treat ornamental shrubs, lawn grass, cucumbers, cabbage, and various other vegetables and flowers until it was banned in 1979.

Exposure to dibromochloropropane can lead to liver damage, kidney damage, brain damage, lung damage, male infertility, and spleen and blood disorders. Males exposed to elevated levels of dibromochloropropane may produce lower amounts of sperm, which can lead to more female offspring than male offspring.

Dibromochloropropane was marketed as Nemanex, Nemaset, Nemagon, Nemabrom, Fumazone, Fumagon, and DBCP.

See your doctor if you have experienced serious health problems because of dibromochloropropane exposure. In addition, it may be important to contact an attorney who can help you protect your legal rights. Please keep in mind that there may be time limits within which you must commence suit.



See Also

  1. Toxic & Hazardous Substances
  2. Blood Disorders: Overview
  3. Eye Disorders
  4. Head & Brain Injury
  5. Kidney Failure
  6. Liver Problems
  7. Male Infertility: Overview
  8. Skin Disorders: Overview
  9. Spleen Disorders
  Name Size