The primary cause of medical malpractice lawsuits
in the United States is the failure to properly and timely diagnose medical conditions. Often the failure of a doctor
, nurse practitioner
, or other healthcare provider to recognize the telltale signs of a certain disease or medical condition, leads to more serious complications or even death
The legal doctrine of "Loss of Chance" is tightly interwoven with medical diagnosis errors. Victims of a healthcare professional's failure to diagnose, or delay in making the proper diagnosis, often argue in court that the error cost them the chance to make a full recovery.
If you or a loved one have received substandard medical care, don't pay for a doctor's mistake, contact an attorney
who can help you protect your legal rights. Please keep in mind that there may be time limits
within which you must commence suit.
View sub-topics at right to learn about some instances in which diagnosis errors may be particularly costly.
- Appendicitis - Diagnosis Errors
- Bacterial Meningitis - Diagnosis Errors
- Breast Cancer - Diagnosis Errors
- Colon Cancer - Diagnosis Errors
- Group B Strep - Diagnosis Errors
- Lung Cancer - Diagnosis Errors: Overview
- Medical Malpractice & Negligent Care
- Myocardial Infarction & Heart Attack - Diagnosis Errors
- Prostate Cancer - Diagnosis Errors